Festival Dates & Hours
Long Beach BBQ Festival takes place from Friday, August 17 to Sunday, August 19, 2018 at Rainbow Lagoon Park in Long Beach, CA. The festival hours are Friday 5-10PM, Sat. and Sun. 12NOON-10PM. Times are subject to change without notice.
Box Office Location & Hours
Box Office is located at the Main Gate 1 Entrance. Opens 5PM on Friday and closes by 9PM, on Saturday it opens at 12NOON and closes by 9PM, on Sunday it opens at 12NOON and closes by 8PM. Times are subject to change without notice. SEE MAP
If you need to leave the festival and return the same day, you may get your hand stamped at the front gate, which allows re-entry.
The venue and bathrooms are wheelchair accessible.
Children at Long Beach BBQ Festival
Coming to the festival with kids in tow? Long Beach BBQ Festival invites fans of all ages, including kids! On Saturday and Sunday there is a children designated area: Animal Variety Show, Petting Zoo, Inflatable Bounces, Face Painting and Games. The children’s stage opens at 12NOON and closes at 6PM on Saturday and Sunday and creates an environment for parents and children to enjoy family-friendly entertainment. Remember to share these memories with your kids by stopping by the FREE Souvenir E-Photo booth to capture the fun! Times are subject to change without notice.
Also, Children 12 years old and younger will be admitted free of charge with a ticket-holding adult. Does not include food, drinks or All-You-Can-Eat VIP RIB Village.
The festival has a food court serving up the best BBQ in town, including non-BBQ related items from local eateries. There's something for everyone: Mexician, American, Chinese, Thai and other international foods and desserts, adult beverages (beer, wine, and specialty drinks) and of course, BBQ Meats (Sausage, Pulled Pork, Pork Ribs, Tri-Tip, Chicken, Kabobs and more). Each year the selection may vary.
Cash & Credit Cards
There are ATMs at several locations throughout the festival grounds with applicable service fees. Some vendors accept credit cards, including the Festival’s Box Office.
Allowed & Prohibited Items
Guests and their belongings are subject to search upon entry or re-entry.
The following items are ALLOWED* at Long Beach BBQ Festival:
- Folding chairs are permitted in designated area. NO Tents, lawn chairs, hammocks or canopies are allowed.
- (1) One unopened bottle of water per person.
- Blankets, Sheets, Towels
- Cameras (basic point and shoot consumer-grade cameras)
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE
The following items are PROHIBITED* at Long Beach BBQ Festival:
- Sorry, no pets are allowed in the festival site. The only animals that are allowed on our grounds are service animals. California Civil Code Section 54.2 (a) Every individual with a disability has the right to be accompanied by a guide dog, signal dog, or service dog, especially trained for the purpose, in any of the places specified in Section 54.1 (Right of full and equal access to places of public accommodation) without being required to pay an extra charge or security deposit for the guide dog, signal dog, or service dog. However, the individual shall be liable for any damages done to the premises or facilities by his or her dog. It is a misdemeanor to fraudulently misrepresent service animals.
- NO BACKPACKS, PICNIC COOLERS, BASKETS, OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED IN THE FESTIVAL SITE.
- No outside food or beverage (including alcohol) of any kind. All food and beverage items must be purchased at the Festival. EXCEPT FOR (1) one unopened bottle of water per person.
- You may not bring alcohol into the festival site and you may not take alcohol outside of the festival area.
- No Glass Containers.
- No Firearms, explosives, and weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc).
- No Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind.
- No Gambling or illegal activity of any kind.
- No Drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- No Skateboards or scooters.
- No Bicycles inside the festival grounds.
- No Tents, oversized umbrellas, canopies, hammocks, or shade structures of any kind.
- No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, giveaways, samples, etc.
- No Large wallet and waist chains that exceed 12 inches in length and width of 1 inch.
- No Bicycle chains and other such chains will not be allowed.
- No Inflatable furniture. Rafts, chairs, etc.
- No Gang affiliated attire.
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Security Screening & Entry
For the safety of everyone entering the festival, all patrons are subject to a full and complete search prior to entry.
Please review the Allowed & Prohibited items list for a stress-free entry process.
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to submit to a search before entry.
All bags will be searched before entry. Persons that refuse to comply with the search policy will be refused entry into the event.
Getting to Long Beach BBQ Festival
Rainbow Lagoon Park [400-403] Shoreline Village Drive Long Beach, CA 90802
North side of Shoreline Drive (Between Shoreline Village Drive and Linden Avenue). The City Park next to the Hyatt Regency Hotel, nearest cross street is Pine Avenue. GET DIRECTIONS
ADA Handicap Parking
If you have a handicap placard, you may park in the Long Beach Convention Parking lot. However, you must pay to park. Enter at the Long Beach BBQ Festival street entrance to be directed to the designated parking lot by security personnel.
Where Is The Entrance to Long Beach BBQ Festival?
When you make your way to Rainbow Lagoon there are two entrances. Refer to this MAP for guidance.
What Are The Parking Options For Long Beach BBQ Festival?
Parking is available throughout Long Beach during the event. We recommend parking in the Marina Green Parking Lot (grass lot, not metered parking) that is located directly across the street from the event. To help you come and go from Long Beach BBQ Festival, please visit the PARKING PAGE.
Where to Stay
If you’re coming in from out of town and want to book lodging near the festival, CLICK HERE for information on the hotels nearest to the Long Beach BBQ Festival.
What Types of Tickets Are Available?
1-Day General Admission Ticket - Enjoy the specific artists performing and festivities on the given day for which you buy a ticket. A wide variety of food options are available for purchase.
All-You-Can-Eat VIP Rib Village Ticket - Enjoy the specific artists performing and festivities on the given day for which you buy a ticket along with indulging your cravings of BBQ Meats at the All-You-Can-Eat VIP Rib Village which includes Pork Ribs from our participating award winning BBQ teams, chicken, pulled pork, sides, dessert and 5 drinks* (beer and wine) and unlimited nonalcoholic beverages. * Drink tickets will be issued to VIP Rib Village ticket holders who are older than 21 years of age.
To purchase your ticket or for more details on each festival ticket type go to our TICKET PAGE.
Do I need to purchase tickets ahead of time or can I purchase tickets at the door?
Tickets can be purchased upon arrival at our box office. Tickets are generally higher than pre-sale tickets. Be sure to take advantage of our $3 DISCOUNT COUPON.
How Do I Upgrade to a All-You-Can-Eat VIP Rib Village Ticket?
If you’d like to upgrade your Long Beach BBQ tickets in advance, please email our ticketing department for assistance at CONTACT US. Be sure to submit your original order number with your request. OR reply directly to your order confirmation email that you received with your request.
Planning a group outing to the Long Beach BBQ Festival has never been easier. For group GENERAL ADMISSION tickets, purchase 6 or more and receive a 10% discount that is automatically applied to your order at time of purchase (does not apply to All-You-Can-Eat VIP Rib Village Tickets).
Additional Group Pricing varies on size of group, please submit your request by email (preferred) at CONTACT US or by phone at (562) 495-5959.
Questions About An Order Already Placed
If you’ve already purchased your Ticket and need to change the date, Tickets purchased on this site FOR: SATURDAY OR SUNDAY ONE-DAY Admission are valid for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. You do not need to contact us. You can use your tickets on Friday, Saturday or Sunday once for redemption. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT VIP RIB VILLAGE. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO FRIDAY $5 ADMISSION TICKETS. Friday Admission tickets MUST BE REDEEMED on Friday Only.
For ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT VIP RIB VILLAGE TICKETS: You need to contact us, if you choose to come on a different date OR time slot as seats are sold for each day according to availability and seating is limited.
If you did not receive a order confirmation email. Please first check your spam/junk folder. If not there, enter your email address HERE to resend your order confirmation receipt. If you still have not received it CONTACT US as there might be a typo in the email address that you submitted at the time of your order. Otherwise, bring your ID and check in at the Will Call booth near the Main Gate 1 Entrance.
Or if you have a general question about your order, please email at CONTACT US.
Ticket Issues on Day of Event
Long Beach BBQ Festival Will Call staff is ready onsite during the festival to answer any questions or concerns you might have such as not receiving your order confirmation email, etc. Bring your ID and check in at the Will Call booth near the Main Gate 1 Entrance. SEE MAP
Frequently Asked Questions
HAS YOUR QUESTION ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED?
For further questions not addressed check out our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs) PAGE.
Contact the Festival
For any and all questions, please feel free to CONTACT US. Email is continually monitored before, during and after operating hours. You will be contacted.